Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm a bi-global home owner

Oh my god, or (OMG) as my girlfriend puts it - I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm a 'bi-global home owner'. In the past it's taken years for people to out themselves, but with modern technology and access to the web, it now takes just seconds. Literally 10 hours ago, me and Ali (my harem queen) signed a contract on a house in Manly...so what with kayak courses and a bloody great 6m fibreglass double kayak sittting in the garden outside...I'm penniless. Scott says that he'll bring me a sandwich and some milk when he comes round.

The auction party we're doing is looking great. We've got all sorts of crazy prizes. The venue and date will be confiormed this week and the invite will go up on the blog, so if you're reading this and can get to Australia in early Dec then you're morally, physically and spiritually obligated to come along. Anyone that can donate some cool prizes please let us know.

So...on media we've had some good news. The Morning show on Channel 7 have said they'd like to interview us. Aquabumps Eugene has given us a post. Outdoors magazine are doing a link and the Manly Daily are doing a shoot. Woop woop. We're going to make prostates famous.

Another massive thanks to Bruce from Pittarak kayaks and his lovely lady. We went up to see them last weekend and got some great advice that has reshaped our whole outlook on the journey. They've done some amazing work for kids' cancer research and there are sites all around the country that have been started by the work they've done together. Check out the site.

No comments: