Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 20 - At home

We got into Bondi yesterday after a hard 3 hour paddle from Manly into strong southerly winds. It was a bizarre feeling to come past that final headline and realise that this was it; no more getting up at 4am, no more paddling for 8 hours a day and no more mind numbing exhaustion. Strangely I kind of miss the simplicity of it all. It's actually odd to be back. I slept 11 hours last night, I've been for a surf, bought a TV from Bing Lee and watched 4 movies already. I'm still pretty knackered. My plan for tomorrow is to rent all 3 series of Dexter and watch them back to back whilst Ali feeds me grapes...apparently we don't have any grapes...but Dexter is on, guaranteed.

Here's a couple of pics from Bondi. A massive thanks to everyone that came down to show their support. Now that the internet connection's better, we'll get a gallery up in the next few days.

I'm not sure what Scotty's up to right now but I bet he's missing the view of the back of my head. R


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic achievement boys - well done.

Anonymous said...

You did it!!! And you're still talking! Congratulations. Vicki

Rob Jenkins said...

Well done lads - amazing achievement!