Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's all about the training...

So its a Saturday night and i am at home updating my blog and like the title says it is all about the training! The realisation has just hit home over the past week that we are now commited to travelling down the East Coast in a tiny fibreglas boat in under 3 months as the money and interest has started to rol in.
I have set myself a no alcohol and fairly strict training regime to get myself ready for this (if that is at all possible...). I have even been trying out new things such as pilates as I have been told that this is great for your balance and core muscles which is what you primarily need to row. Now if anyone has ever seen an old Country n Western film where an out of towner enters the saloon and everyone stops what they are doing and stares at the stranger, well that is exactly how i felt walking into my first pilates class with all of the women! I do however have a new found respect for all of the girls that take these classes as it was bloody hard but did feel great afterwards.
As Rob has mentioned we went down to Jervis Bay for some kayak survivak training last week which was gret but ridiculously cold. We learnt how to capsize (I found out that i was more than proficient in this skill) and how to get yourself back once capsized, not as easy as one would think! Met some characters down there and sung soe karaoke 'Twist n Shout' getting a standing ovation and we were asked for encore, not to brag or gloat or anything! Big shout to Fluff and when i am next down i wil have to grab my hoodie that I left at your house.
Will keep you all posted soon on progress and stay tuned...
Scott.

No comments: